Saturday, April 28, 2007

Imam says 4 sentence prayer in Texas, sends christians in a tizzy

I am not in favor of legislative bodies praying at the beginning of sessions because it tends to set the self-righteous tone of 'god supports my cause.' The prayer thing happens all the time though. The self righteousness is unlikely to be the case if the prayer is lead by an islamic leader in a Texas room which has no islamic senators.
Pastors and senators showed how closed minded and completely not sanely based in reality their responses were to allowing an imam to say opening prayer on April 4th in the Texas legislature. One pastor had his panties in a bunch after hearing the 4 sentence prayer, "My spirit is so grieved after listening to a portion of the reading by the Islamic Imam. I could not finish listening because my heart was fully rejecting every word spoken. This was an imposter spirit, the spirit of the antichrist." If you don't like something call it satanic.

No comments: