Friday, January 26, 2007

Dick Cheney on the firing line


CNN's Wolf Blitzer asked the following question of Dick Cheney in an interview: "Mary Cheney's pregnancy raises the question of what's best for children," Focus on the Family declared. "Just because it's possible to conceive a child outside of the relationship of a married mother and father, doesn't mean it's best for the child." Do you want to respond to that?

Dick Cheney ducked the question by saying "No, I don't." He then proceeded to say that Wolf Blitzer was out of line with that question. Given that the republican party has been aligned with far right religious groups for many years now and Cheney is a leader of that party I don't see how the question is anything close to out of line. I loved Jon Stewart's line for Cheney:
"how dare you apply my party's cruel and inhumane policies to my family."

No comments: